To watch in HD, adjust the video setting to 720p instead of 360p or 480p This video is a test of the NEXVG10 camera footage after color correction and compression to H.264, then further compressed by Youtube. Color correction was done in Apple Final Cut Pro; I used ClipWrap 2.0 to convert the footage to Apple ProRes 422 which FCP 6.0 natively supports. For some reason FCP doesn't recognize many Sony camcorders and the NEX-VG10 is among them. So far, I'm totally in love with this camera. I waited four years to upgrade and I'm so glad I did because I don't have to spend a bunch of money purchasing lens adapters and LCD monitors for a DSLR like the Rebel series-- which honestly aren't intended to be used to make movies. Some have complained it lacks zebra but it has a histogram (which is better). For its price range I think it's one hell of a camcorder and I hope to do great things with this bad boy! Things I've noticed about the compressed footage after uploading; the original file had no pixelation. However when I enter full screen mode on this Youtube video, there is a lot of pixelation on my t-shirt. It seems to be that Youtube's compression has a problem with large areas of black. I'll keep this in mind for production later. As far as the picture quality compared to my GL2 footage, well just look at the world of difference for yourself www.youtube.com I'm very pleased with the quality :) Though auto-focus is wigging out at times. This is really a camera you need someone ...
Tags: test, footage, uploading, conversion, camera, camcorder, high, definition, formats, lens, interchangable, interchangeable, mount, adapter, adapters, mounted, device, record, recording, testing, trial, trials, canon, gl2, 1080p, 720p, jfreedan
No comments:
Post a Comment